Located on Fu Yung Shan Road of Tsuen Wan, Chuk Lam Sim Yuen is one of the biggest temples in the district, with grounds of over 400,000 square feet. The foundation was laid by Master Rong Qiu and his six disciples in 1928. The temple was initially built with bamboo scaffoldings and mats. Construction work of the main hall and the side halls was finally completed in the winter of 1932 and more buildings were added over the years. It was officially named Chuk Lam Sim Yuen, perhaps referring to how it was made of bamboo (chuk) in the past. A four-faced Brahma statue of Phra Phrom was delivered from Thailand in 1982, and its first lighting was presided over by monks and priests from leading temples. In 2009 Chuk Lam Sim Yuen was listed as a Grade II historic building.
The temple halls have a classic elegance, designed by famous architects modelling them after many ancient Chinese temples. The scale is remarkable, with altars for Buddha, Maitreya Buddha, Wei Tuo, Guan Yin, the Eighteen Rohans and many other Buddhist deities. The temple also has a scriptures library and numerous halls including Jade Buddha Hall and the Hall of the Five Hundred Rohans. The Zen Meditation Hall and its surrounding grounds overlook Tsuen Wan, the Rambler Channel and Tsing Yi Island.During Buddhist feast days and holidays, many worshippers and tourists would visit the temple and large parking lots are provided.
Address: Fu Yung Shan Road, Tsuen Wan
Telephone: 2416 6557